- Captain Kendall is a FULL-TIME guide (one of the few in the area). This means he is on the water daily allowing him to know where the fish are and what they are biting. He is also the owner and operator. You will speak directly with Captain Kendall when booking the trip. He is not a booking service that simply puts you on the boat with a grumpy captain and takes a cut of the money.
- The boat, tackle and equipment are all top notch to ensure every opportunity counts. Captain Kendall takes pride in his guide service and puts his reputation on the line with each trip. He books all the trips himself and relies heavily on repeat customers. This ensures you get the most quality fishing trip every time you book.
- If Captain Kendall is booked on the date you need, he has great relationships with other guides that are talented and adhere to the same marine conservation ethics and professionalism.
- Captain Kendall does not get mad or turn into Captain Ahab at the first lost fish or broken tackle. We have heard horror stories about other guides attitudes getting out of hand. He is very easy-going and looks forward to fishing with you and giving you the experience of a lifetime.
- When you reserve a charter with Captain Kendall and the weather prevents you from safely enjoying a day on the water, your trip can be rescheduled anytime within the calendar year. We want you to enjoy the beautiful weather as well as the fishing that our area has to offer. Captain Kendall will not jeopardize your safety for any reason.
Don’t leave your fishing trip to chance, only so that it turns into a bad day on the water. Captain Kendall is very passionate about his guide service and strives to exceed all expectations from the moment you meet to the end of the day.
Now that you have the facts, here are our rates:
- Half Day $500 for 1-3 People
- Full Day $600 for 1-3 People
- Each Additional Person is $100
- $200 Deposit Required to Reserve a Date
- Live Bait is available at Bait Camp Cost
- Rod and Reels (Upon Request)
- Lures and Tackle
- Fish Cleaning
- Photos of Your Catch
What to bring
- Valid Texas fishing license with saltwater stamp
- Food and drinks that you’ll want during your day of fishing
- Sunglasses and hat/cap
- Wade fishing gear for wading trips
- Comfortable Clothing for the Days Weather
Join us for some exceptional waterfowling in the back lakes and open bays around Matagorda. Morning trips usually start early with a boat ride to the hunting area and decoy setup. Morning and afternoon trips are available. Species include Pintail, Widgeon, Green Wing Teal, Blue Wing Teal, Redheads, Gadwall, Bufflehead, Hooded Merganser, Scaup, Canvasback, Shoveler, and many more. Come join us for some exciting action on the Texas Gulf Coast.
Waterfowl Bay Hunts
$200 per person/min 3 persons